Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Slideshow Sameness


My grandmother Mimi loves to look at slides when she comes to visit. My parents have seven or eight slide carousels and hundreds of slides. They have slides of my mom's family from the 1950's, slides of my father's trip to Japan (including a dozen or so of Mt. Fuji!), and slides of the Hastings family from the 1960's and some from the 1970's.

I noticed right away that there were quite a lot more slides of my sister than there were of me. In fact, this one particular night it was getting ridiculous, but no one was really acknowledging it. As a result, I decided to take things into my own hands. I grabbed an empty carousel and I loaded it up with several slides of Tammie. Now, the best part was that I found ten or so from the same photo set.

When my father finished one carousel, I quickly volunteer my contribution for the next slideshow. My Dad put it in the projector and then turned off the lights. After seven consecutive slides of Tammie, it started to dawn on them and everyone started to laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment