Friday, October 2, 2009

Dancing Fools!

The first time that I met Mike Hachey was at my parent's house. I was watching the Eye of the Needle with my friend David, and Mike walked in with Tammie, his friend John and Tammie's friend Cheryl. My mother had warned us both to behave, but she didn't know what to expect from David. Never a loss for words or an outspoken comment, David was quiet and respectful that night. Mike's a great guy, so what was there to say?

In the past, my parents would send me in to get rid of a boyfriend they didn't like much. I remember peppering some poor souls with baseball trivia questions or some other nonsense until they said "No mas!" and headed for the door. There was one guy that would stay late while he made new arrangements of "Peanuts" music on the piano. He wasn't as interested in the 1931 Philadelphia Athletics, however, and he decided to leave and come back another time. I didn't pull out the questions with Mike.

Here is a "short" video of David and Tam dancing at my wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment