Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sean Michael


I drove my parents and Amy to Albany to see Tammie today. I have made this trip many times over the years and often on my own. Today, as I approached the Fultonville/Fonda exit on the NYS Thruway, I remembered when I took the Greyhound bus to Schenectady many years ago and it made a stop in Fultonville. Tammie was living in Schenectady at the time and working outside the home and she needed a babysitter to look after Sean for the week.

Sean was three-years-old and such a good little boy. We got a chance to play and then he would "help" me with the dishes and cleaning before his mom would come home. At other times, we would make the short walk from the Hachey home on Brandwine Ave to Central Park and the playground there. When we returned home, we would find the Freihofer chocolate chip cookies and some milk and head out to the front porch to wait for Sean's mom to return from work.

During our visit today, Tammie slept most of the time and didn't feel much like talking. But as I was leaving, I bent down by her bed and said, "I love you" and she responded with, "I love you, too".


No comments:

Post a Comment