Saturday, October 24, 2009

Balloon Over the House!



Every year, my family goes to the balloon rally in Wellsville, NY. This year was no different and Tammie was there as usual. I just cannot imagine going to a balloon rally without her. I just can't see it.

Our family has changed a lot over the years and many of us have grown apart, but we could always count on our get-together in that little town in the Southern Tier.
For the first time that I can remember, a balloon went directly over my grandmother's home and landed in her next-door neighbor's yard. We all got to see it land; up close and personal. I am so glad that Tammie was there to see it. For some reason, I had this overpowering feeling that this would be our last balloon rally. I pray that I am wrong.

After the weekend was over, we headed home and vowed to meet again next year. My grandmother is two months shy of 99-years-old and I really thought that she wouldn't be able to accommodate us again. I never dreamed that it would be Tammie that might not be able to attend another rally.

Today, I drove by Mac's Drive-In in Waterloo, NY. Mac's is closed for the season, but I can still see my family gathered around a picnic table there, downing some various fried items in the hot July sun. You see, we always stop there on our way back from Wellsville.




No comments:

Post a Comment