Monday, October 19, 2009

No Mystery About My Best Friend - Sean Hachey



While my Uncle has begun trying to understand the mystery of it all. I'll
try to bring another side of the spectrum into it. After all, I was the
one who suggested the start of this blog. Something I regret not starting
myself or even participating in, maybe this will help.

There are many mysteries that surround my mother and I guess with
everything that has been going on in my mom's life in the past month
and a half, there really isn't much mystery to it at all.
From the amount of pain my mom has been in, yet the more pain she
should have been in is... well, astonishing. Yet, then again, this isn't a
blog about how much pain a person can go on living with, but one
about my mother, my best friend.

Hey, she did start singing that song to me.
The theme song to the Courtship of Eddie's Father, from the time I
was a baby to the time I was... well about a few weeks ago. While the
song was written for a show about a father-son relationship and more
than 10 years before my birth, it worked great for this mother-son
relationship. She used to be put me atop her knee and bounce me up
and down while singing this "Best Friend" song.
Including that and all the rest she has ever done for me and obviously
everyone else... as read here on this wonderful blog. One would
wonder how she went on living with what was eventually found within
her and how the weeks and months leading up to this discovery she let
it seem like there wasn't a problem at all... and let's just use one word
or maybe a few more afterwards, but let's stick with that one word and
it'll be -- family.

She more than anything else loves her family, a past tense will never
apply. She was so excited for our annual Wellsville trip this year, the
balloons were never her main goal, neither were the famous Texas Hot
hot dogs, she just wanted to go see Mimi; to see Ma; to see Bette; to
see Brenda; to see the entire family ;to see this small little town and to
remember when she was a little girl and the times in Wellsville she
loved and reminisced with her family and all.

We would sometimes joke about the size of Wellsville and I always would
make the joke that maybe this year would be the year we finally got to meet Floyd
the barber or Otis the drunk, but I guess that's just from the classic Andy
Griffith television show. But this to my mom is a television show, to be
able to see her father celebrate another birthday and this year was no
exception. Except for the fact that she had already pre-planned his
birthday present for a few months. For those who didn't get to see my
grandfather open his gift, he got the latest Clint Eastwood movie, Gran
Turino, where this time Clint played a Korean war vet, bent on setting
wrongs right and living his life as a strong willed man... no it's not the
latest version of the 60s Man With No Name series, it's a whole
different take. And well, I know this man's name and it's Da.
And while my grandfather could probably make Clint Eastwood cry
with a good hand shake, my mom has made us all cry. But we're not
crying because of the pain she is in or the sad inevitable truth of the
matter, but probably what my uncle had previously mentioned - the
mystery. And well there really isn't any mystery to my mom she loved us all, us
being her family most of all.

To Mimi -- the one person who she always believes is the strongest
person in the entire world. The one person who will tell you what's the
truth of it all even if it hurts the most.

To Ma -- the one person my mother loved to just talk on the phone
with to tell her how her day went who loves my mother unconditionally
who would show my mom compasion when she thought the three boys
in her life weren't at times.

To Da -- the man she always looked up to. The guy who she always
knows would do anything and everything to protect and to provide for
her. And Da don't worry she did miss you when she was younger, but
some of her favorite childhood memories were with you and the crazy
family vacations you guys would go on.

To Bette -- my mother is slightly jealous of you. Because no matter
how something seems to others you always see the fun and excitement
in it. Even if say we were all being held hostage, you would be happy
that we were all in this adventure together.

To Amy -- yes, you got your sister and so did my mother. My mom
loves hanging out with you and just chit chatting and enjoying the time
and was so happy you decided to join our family all those years back.

To Brenda -- her aunt, when you invited her to Christmas in the city
she was so happy and overwhelmed. After each trip she would explain
everything she did and saw. She would show me the pictures with
Santa, the playbills of the plays she went to and she really enjoyed the
whole Regis time.

To her cousins Tara and Chris -- she was so happy to see you guys
come every Balloon Rally. Tara she was so happy to be part of your
wedding (minus being locked out of our bed and breakfast the night
before).

And Chris, I remember when you would come and visit us in
Gloversville and even up here in Albany when you brought the lobsters
and all, my dad and I were just talking about that event the other day.

To her other cousins Nancy and Cathy -- it was great seeing you guys
when you came up to visit, it's sad that we only get to see you guys
during these sad times. But mother loves you. She has told me about
the numerous times she spent with you guys. I'm not sure though, if this
is true or even one of you guys, but I have this thought of something
with posion ivy. If it's not I'm sorry, if I am, sorry I know posion ivy
isn't fun.

To Aunt Sally, Aunt Judy and Uncle Bob -- While I never got as
much luxury as mom has to hang out and get to know you guys, I
know she loves yo alot. But I know one thing for sure, she could
never keep up with Uncle Bob's new addresses.

To anyone I forgot to mention I'm sorry, if I haven't named you by
name, but my mind now is starting to fade out, as it's getting past my
11AM bedtime and I should start my sleep now. But there are fond
memories for everyone and anyone my mother has ever met or even
run into, even if it was a random person in the grocery store. Yeah, and
don't worry she has run into me more than once while I was at work
stocking the shelves.

Oh and I almost forgot my Uncle Nonnie, there's probably only one
word that I could come up with after reading all these things that you
have done and said for my mother and for the rest of her crew, my
brother and father combined. For all the times you played Mr.
Belvedere and lived in our attic. Helped us arrange the living room,
helped with installing our pool and the random snack food junkie times
of Oreo's and what else it would be. And the fact that anytime you
mention my football career you make me sound like Reggie White. So
thank you and I suppose you are wondering what the word is.... it's
King. And I'm sorry I've gone rambling but you know my mother is well, if
my Uncle is the King, she just has to be the Queen. There is just so
much to my mother that a complete anthology of it all would take a long,
long time. Something, I hope my mother has left with us.
So until next time I venture to write, I thank you all for everything and I
know my brother and father do as well.

Now for me, it's time for a quick nap before visiting the Queen in her
room on the fifth floor. Love you all. And as Cousin/Uncle Dave said..
Let's all pray for a miracle.

Ain't No Reason

No comments:

Post a Comment