Sunday, October 11, 2009

More 1970's Tam Video

I think this video is from 1970-1972. While most people were in the Girl Scouts back then, our crazy neighbor thought it best, if the girls on our street joined the Campfire Girls. I can remember going door-to-door with Tammie in Westvale trying to sell Campfire Girl Candy and believe it or not, many people were fairly receptive. I loved that candy; especially the peanut brittle.

During the video section where several of us our playing with dolls, you might see my first two-wheel bike. My Aunt Sally gave it to my parents, and Tammie and I learned to ride on that thing. From what I understand, my older cousins also used it when they learned to ride. The bike still sits in my parents' shed and has no kickstand (this is why it is on its side in the lawn) and no brakes! My first ride on it was in the backyard and I somehow was able to make it a few yards before I crashed violently into our neighbor's privet hedge. For some reason, training wheels were not an option for me.


We spoke with Mike tonight and he told us that Tam had a good day today and that she actually ate a few bites of stuffed chicken and of course, some chocolate milk. As Mike mentioned, there are not many people out there as determined as my big sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment