Sunday, September 27, 2009

Comments from Family About Tam

I can remember every Christmas Eve at Nana's house. Tammie, you, Nancy & myself were there with our parents. Santa Claus would appear in the window. We never did catch on that it happened every time Uncle Bob left the room.

--Cousin Cathy

We, the Burgers, find that our days are probably similar to others on this blog- we often think of Tammie, Mike, and their wonderful sons. Often it is sad with tears but sometimes like today we found ourselves smiling. And this blog is great at reminding us of some of the wonderful times with Tammie and her family.
My mother, Bette, and I were today reminiscing about the many times when Tammie entertained the family with her sharp wit and funny impressions. She could be so funny. She would make our balloon rally parties so enjoyable.
I also remember her great laugh which reflected her joy for life.
Tammie, thinking of you.
The Burgers


Tammie and I go back a long way. I am the son of Tammie's mother's aunt so that makes us some special relative!

My first memory of Tammie was when I was going to SU in my freshman year of the fall of 1962. I was a preppie type with short hair and had no idea what the 60's had in store for me or anyone else. Tammie was a cute toddler who was happy to have more people to hang out with. Somewhere in a photo album in some closet or cellar is a great picture of Tammie and me on the front lawn of her house on Prior Drive. I remember it so well. Those were such great times.

Years later, Tammie took over my role of stirring things up at family gatherings although I am not sure that she realized that I was the originator. I always enjoyed our picnics or holiday gatherings where the family members got together for fun times and good conversations. Tammie was a lot like me in that regard as she enjoyed not being silent during the "interesting" family conversations although we both never took things too seriously. Or at least I didn't!

My last time that I have seen my "relative" Tammie was at my daughter's wedding in Boston about 2 1/2 years ago. She looked beautiful and seemed to have a great time- we both have something else in common- we enjoy parties. My daughter Sarah was so happy that Tammie was able to come to her wedding.

As I was leaving the reception- the party was over obviously- I walked out with Tammie and remember thanking her for coming. We had a big hug and talked about seeing each other at the next balloon rally. Unfortunately I have not been able to make it the last few years.

Tammie, I love you and wish you a miracle.

David Burger


No comments:

Post a Comment