Sunday, October 3, 2010

Happy Birthday, Derek




Today, is Tammie's boy, Derek's birthday. I know that she had a special relationship with both of her boys and I can't think of them without thinking of her.

A few months ago, I got the chance to run with my nephew a couple of times. I have been running for twenty years or so, and ran an awful lot when I lived in Ravena with the Hacheys. I can remember trying to run when I was much younger and even jogging with Tammie once or twice. I hold out hope that Derek and I can run a race sometime. That would be cool.

Lastly, I was thinking of waves on the ocean and how each one is a little different. Some make a large splash and others just quietly drift to the shore. Tammie definitely made a large splash in our lives. Maybe there is a haiku in that. Guess I'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment