Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Summers End


(After a year, you realize that you don't have any new photos left!)

I had a doctor's appointment today and after a bout with the scale, I realize that my quest to achieve a weight that would make an NFL fullback proud, continues. Blah!

While I was waiting for my doctor to arrive, I glanced outside and saw the gorgeous reds and yellows of the sugar maple trees. Despite the ensuing cold winter, these wonderful trees struggle to keep their leaves. Seasons change and life continues to move forward.

When I was little, fall was my favorite of all the seasons. I loved looking at the beautiful trees and the feel of the crisp, autumn air. When you're eight or nine, time seems forever and fall is about the colors. Now, it is a time of sadness and a time to reflect on the endless summers of growing up with Tam. Summers of riding bikes around the big block or down the Genesee Rd. hill or catching fireflies in a jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment