Saturday, February 20, 2010

50 Years!


Fifty years ago, my parents were married in a ceremony at the First United Methodist Church in Wellsville, NY. They originally planned to be married in the fall, but did not make it to the altar until February 20th of the next year. There was a lot of snow and some in the wedding party were not able to make it to the church on time. In addition, the photographer ran into trouble when his camera froze and as a result, he was only able to get a few photographs of the day. I must say, though that they were really good photographs.

Five years ago, Tammie helped organize my Mom and Dad's 45th wedding anniversary and I remember how she spent a lot of time trying to find the perfect song for a music box gift that she would present them. Ultimately, she would have "Unforgettable" put on it and there is no doubt that it fit for those two. Unfortunately, she was not able to help with the planning today and we missed her dearly. We definitely felt her presence, though, as we do every day.

We were very grateful that Sean and Lindsay were able to come up and spend the day with Ma and Da for their 50th. Both of my parents were pleasantly surprised to see them (and it was quite a surprise!). They received phone calls from Bette, Bren and Lenny and then later from their other grandson, Derek. I can tell you that they have two wonderful grandsons and that Tammie continues to be as unforgettable as the song.

My father attempting to hear the music. :-)

My mother hearing the music.

This photo is from the 25th wedding anniversary in Canandaigua. I remember that it was the last time that we all went to Roseland, as it closed that year. By the way, I regret the shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment