Thursday, September 9, 2010

One Year Ago

Last September 9th, my mother called me at work to let me know that Tammie had cancer and that it was inoperable. There couldn't have been a worse prognosis, as she was given just a month to live. I was just stunned during my conversation and after I hung up the phone, I needed to leave work for a while in attempt to clear my head. If it weren't for the fact that I was the only librarian on that night, I wouldn't have come back. About a week later, I started this blog.

Today, I was thinking back to an old 45 record that Tammie used to have. We used to dance to it and act out these crazy skits. I remember that it only worked if she had her boots on and somewhere along the way, starting stomping stuff. Thanks Nancy Sinatra for some wonderful memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment