Saturday, November 7, 2009

Vacations Part 2

Earlier I made a post about our family vacations. My father was a bit particular about our trailer and had certain rules that we had to follow to keep its resale value intact. In addition, my mother didn't always appreciate my father's unconventional driving style and my sister got car sick when riding in the back seat. As a result, we often took two cars on trips to accommodate everyone.

There was a fatal flaw to this two-car theory, though, as we were forever getting separated. At several points in these trips, my father would "accidently" lose my mother and be "off to the races" He disdained maps and asking for directions and instead relied on numerous "shortcuts" and back roads. Despite the certainty of getting lost, my mother would dutifully start out our vacations by attempting to follow him. This made for some funny stories, as exhibited by Tam in the following video:


No comments:

Post a Comment